Monday 23 August 2010

Book Review: Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Title: The Hunger Games

Author: Suzanne Collins
Release Date:
Publisher: Scholastic
Price (English Pounds): RRP £6.99
Genre: YA
Series: 1st book in the Hunger Games Trilogy
No. Pages: 454

In the near future, a reality television show basically rules peoples lives: 'The Hunger Games.'
Every year 12 boys and 12 girls (1 of each chose from each a different district) are chosen to take part in the show. There is no rules to the game, its basically a kill or be killed situation, only one player can make it out alive.

But when Prim Everdeen is chosen to take part, her oilder sister Katniss takes her place, being a hunter Katniss's second nature is survival.

I didnt know what to expect from this, I was never really intrigued by the blurb, but come on this is basically everyones favourite book, so there had to be something good about it, so I was given it for a my birthday, and put it after the majority of books i recieved, but kinda regretting it.
It was infact amazing.
Throughout the whole book I was completely hooked, and dispised myself for putting it down.

The plot line was unique and fantastic, keeping me gripped on every word. The characters were obviously well-thought out and all different in their own ways, with the majority of the characters being from different districts they all have something about them which gives away their districts.

I cant really place a down side of the story, because i dont think i have ever came across one or there is one. This book and series could possibly class as one of the most popular of our time, how could anything possibly be bad about it.

I give this book a

No comments:

Post a Comment