Wednesday 23 February 2011

Book Review: I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore


Title: I Am Number Four
Series: Lorien Legacies
Author: Pittacus Lore
Publisher:  Razor Bill
Publication Date: August 2010
Pages: 400
Special Features
ISBN: 978-0141330860



In the beginning we were nine.
We left when we were very young almost too young to remember. Almost. And now...
Three are gone.
We are here to keep our race alive, which was almost entirely obliterated. We were just trying to survive. 
Six are left.
But we are hunted, and the hunters won't stop until they've killed us all.
They caught Number one in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number three in Kenya.
I am Number Four.
I know that I am next.

One word- AMAZING


What I thought of the cover?
The cover, like the book i believe is aimed at the male audience, that doesn't particually appeal to me nor make me want to buy it. The cover has the space theme which is one of the main themes in a book.

What I thought of the title?
Without originally knowing slightly what the book is about by the constant trailer for the film which currently seem to be stalking me I would be interested in the book ignoring the cover. It's a title which creates mystery, a title you can tell there is much more to it, which would lure me into picking up the book.

The Characters?
None of the characters are particularly special, nor bad. The characters dont stand out from other books, which i guess isn't exactly a bad thing. I cant really pick my favorite characters, maybe the main character, John's dog: Bernie Kosar he made the book what it is with a tad bit of humor, really brighten the book up.

What I thought of the book?
The book has the most unique story line i have ever came across, and nothing will be able to compare. I was hooked throughout the whole book and their was never a boring moment in it.
On the down side the writing was a problem for me, the majority of the book had a great selection of vocabulary and also varied sentences etc... but there was some occasionally pieces that sounded so simple, so child like: paragraphs of short sentence, bland words, and occasional repeated words. Also there were small mistake throughout the book which i noticed, but nothing major.
All round its a great and enjoyable book, full of action and romance. With one of the most gripping first chapters ive ever came across. This book doesn't mess around it gets straight to the point.

I give this book...
It was completely enjoyable and i loved it, but the writing brought it down.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. I have been very curious esp with the movie coming out!

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete