Thursday 10 February 2011

My Top Five.... Favourite Books

This wasnt easy for me to decide after much consideration i finally decided, but in no pasific order.

1.Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Infinite Days gave me a different outlook on vampire based books, its not like any of the others: human girl falls head over heels for drop dead goergous vampire. No, this book is from the point of view of a female vampire over 500 years old who has risked everything to become human again, but her vampire 'children' are searching for her and want her back.
It really was an enjoyable book, and a definite read for all vampire or romance lovers.




2. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


I know what you are all thinking. Twilight again. But for me this was the first book i owned which allowed me to enter the world of teen book loving, and the book which got me back into reading. I adore this book, yes it may not be the best written, and the characters may not be realistic, but for me its that book. The book that you can read over and over, never getting bored of it and a book which will always have a place in my heart.







3. Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

Noughts and Crosses is probably actually my favourite book. For me reading isnt just about enjoying a book, but getting a message from it, causing you to think. It is decribed as the racial version of Romeo and Juliet, making people realise that sterotyping is wrong, that everybody is equal. We cant judge people due to the colour of their skin nor can we judge those who are nice to those of a different race. Even though racism was banned many years ago, it still happens today, and i believe this would of been a difficult book for Malorie Blackman to write, and it was difficult for me to read, through the tears and the happiness.
I recommend this to you all, please everyone just give it a chance, you will all enjoy it.

4. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Another cliche book i guess you could say. I put off reading Hunger Games for ages, the cover never really appealed to me, nor did the story line, but i decided to read it anyway, and compeltely fell in love with it from day one. It's another book that i believe makes you think, even long after it has finished. A message to us all saying we need to change our ways or the future could possibly lead to being like in the Hunger Games, and yes i do believe this could possibly happen.
The characters (all except Peta... TEAM GALE!!) are lovable in their own unique way and the story line is one like no other.


5. Shiver by Maggie Steifvater

Once again another book full of enjoyable characters.
I read this book whilst going through my majoy vampire phase.
Me and my bestfriend were constantly argueing over if werewolves or vampires were better. She bought this book and recommended it to me, i didnt really want to read it, as i had no intrest at all in werewolves, but this is the only book my friend has fully read so i kinda had to read it.
It was amazing and another tearjerker.





Next weeks top 5 will be..... Favourite Character.
Remember if you are taking part post your URL along with your and your blogs name below.

2 comments:

  1. I've only read Infinite Days, and really enjoyed the different viewpoint. Thought it was incredibly original!

    Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to take part in this!! Looks fun :)

    ReplyDelete