Tuesday 12 April 2011

Book Review: Angel by Katie Price

      ARGH IT WON'T LET ME PUT IMAGES UP!! SORRY PEPS
Title: Angel
Series: #1 Angel
Author: Katie Price
Publisher: Arrow
Publication Date: August 2006
Pages: 320 
Special Features: N/A
Average Goodreads Rating: 3.36
'A sparkling and sexy tale of glamour modeling, romance and the treacherous promises of fame. Eighteen-year-old Angel has only one dream; to leave behind the sheltered safety of her home and head for the modelling agencies of the big city. Young, beautiful and sexy, she seems destined for a successful career in modelling and, very quickly, the glitzy world of celebrity fame and riches becomes her new home. But then she meets Mickey, the lead singer of a boy band, who is as irresistible as he is dangerous, and Angel discovers that a rising star can just as quickly fall.'
After reading one of Katie Price's autobiographies: Being Jordan I became attached to her writing style, it wasn't too serious, but instead laid back and relaxed, and as I'm the type of person to try any book once I decided hey why not.

I did enjoy to book, it was a light and enjoyable read, especially good for lounging on the beach on a nice sunny day reading, but to me the book can not be fully taken seriously.

I will admit I enjoyed the storyline but the main character, Angel for me was weak. At the beginning of the book she starts out strong, seems to be someone who knows where shes going in life, but soon lets go of all her beliefs and throws them literally down the drain. In the end she ends up as another fake blond, fake boobed over-obsessed girl, the stereotype of people in the glamour modelling industry.

As I've already stated I enjoyed the storyline, it gives people an in site on the look in the life of a glamour model, it shows that hey the job isn't as trashy as some may of thought and that in fact these people are nice, they do have emotions. But I also believe the storyline was also not enough to make it good, too much happened within the book and their could easily of been more action added in.

The book sends out the wrong message, especially to young readers, mainly myself and many people who I know who have read this book. It basically says fake is better, and that looks is all what people think about. It promotes being vain.

All in all I give this book...
3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment