Friday 5 August 2011

Follow Friday

 
 
Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends!

Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

Ok so for this weeks Follow Friday I picked two books, both for kind of the same reason.

Firstly the Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling, I chose this series not just for the books but the fanfic's which have been written about the books. For some reason as a child I never really read the books, but enjoyed the film and around the age of 11 started reading Harry Potter fanfics (the beginning of my reading obsession), after I made my way through the majority of Fanfics I moved onto reading stories online about vampires.... this then leads to the second book I'm going to talk about...
The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, when I heard that there was going to be a vampire film I was hugely excited and started reading the books, this then slowly got me reading much more, and often until I read whenever I could. I really enjoy re-reading Twilight and Eclipse because they both take me back to the time when reading an actual book was strange and magically to me.



5 comments:

  1. Great choice! There are so many books to choose from; this was quite the difficult question for me. I'd love if you checked out what I picked for this FF :D

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I quickly became a NEW follower.

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter and Twilight are awesome choices!!! They made me want to read more too once I finished them! Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember getting all 4 Twilight audiobooks after the first movie came out (yes, I watched the movie first) and then staying up until 2-3am listening to them! They def did make a difference in my reading interest again

    New follower

    Check out my FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this. Harry Potter is like the second most popular choice. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete