Monday 11 July 2011

Once Upon A BRead-a-Thon Introduction

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon is hosted by Pure Imagination, Candaces Book Blog and Reading Angel. It runs from 12:01 am on July 11 to 11:59 on July 13th.

What is a Readathon?
A Readathon is where you set a goal for yourself to read more books that is beyond your average number of books you read. There is no minimum, it's all up to you, and you can read any book that suits your fancy! Push yourself to get some of those books read that have been sitting on your shelves for awhile!
So why am I doing the Read-a-Thon, well I appear to of fallen behind on my 2011 Reading Challenge, only by 3 books though. Plus seeing as it is my summer  holiday and by September the 4th I hope to read 25 books, so far I have managed 5, I hope to increase it.
I will be starting tonight at midnight and finishing on Wednesday at midnight, GMT time.
I have tried Dewey's 24hr read-a-thon and almost completely failed, but I enjoyed the experience.

What Books Do I Hope To Read?
To find out what I plan and am reading, along with any other updates check out my sidebar, for more information.
My main ambition and purpose of taking part is to decrease the amount of books on my TBR pile, therefore i will be mainly focusing on books which I need to read. I will be mixing long an short books together, to increase my chance of getting through more books but to also decrease the chance of being struck by boredome.



I will be updating on my blog, and twitter (click on link in side-bar) throughout the experience, hopefully every two hours of course except when I'm sleeping etc.

I hope you join me on my Read-a-Thon and if you are taking part I wish you goodluck.

No comments:

Post a Comment